Sunday, January 29, 2012

Staying at Home and Baking

Hello,
I hope you are all well. We are having the coldest days of the year so yesterday I preferred to stay at home with my two boys as their father was on a business trip.
It was soooo nice to wake up late, (yes, even the Little Man slept till ten o'clock!) have a huge breakfast, cook lunch in no hurry ( I have made dolma- stuffed vine leaves )and crochet while the Little Man kept himself busy with his toys.
And I have even baked cookies! Oh, yummy,yummy. So today, instead of showing you my latest crochet blanket project, I will be sharing with you this cookie recipe.

ALMOND COOKIES
Ingredients:
400g almond meal
3 egg whites
80g granulated sugar
40g brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
salt
In a big bowl mix egg whites and a pinch of salt, add granulated sugar,mix 3-4 minutes, add brown sugar, mix,add cinnamon and mix again. Then add almond meal and mix another 5-6 minutes . With the help of a tablespoon roll balls from your dough and slightly press them into cookie shape.Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees and bake cookies for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown. After the cookies are cooled you may drizzle on top with melted bitter chocolate.
Lovely with a hot cup of tea!
Have a lovely week! Gaia.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I love your crochet work, it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete